Be REAL Smart with your tablet (Responsible, Ethical, Appropriate, Legal)
- Remember, school tablets are for school use ONLY. If you are absent, your school tablet can still be monitored during school hours. If you are going to watch a movie or play games while at home, use your own device!
- playing games, watching movies, etc.
Six Smart Tablet Ideas: (Responsible, Ethical, Appropriate, Legal - REAL)
- If you are leaving your tablet in your bag for a period of time, shut it down completely.
- Restart your computer on campus before 1st period.
- Keep a pair of ear buds in your backpack or tablet bag.
- Typing tool to improve your typing proficiency - http://typingclub.
Tech Tip #2
School Email (R.E.A.L. – Responsible, Ethical, Appropriate, Legal)
Bravo to you for using good email etiquette!
- Remember, school hours are Monday – Friday from 7:15-3:15. Feel free to email your teacher any time with questions, but do not expect a response after school hours.
- School email is for school work:
- Signing up for an iTunes account or using your school email to shop is not appropriate
- Using your school email to chat with friends is not appropriate
R.E.A.L. (Responsible, Ethical, Appropriate, Legal)
Tech Tip #1
Using the Power Switch to turn off your computer is a great way to make your computer sick. The correct way to turn off your computer is to go to Start/Shut Down.
The Power Switch is for emergency use only (frozen computer). If you continue to shut down with the Power Switch, you will eventually get a black screen. If you ever get a black screen, always choose “Start Windows Normally.” Otherwise, your computer will need “major surgery.”
Intro Notes for Students
Welcome to campus for the 2013-2014 academic year.
This is the entry site for SLC's Moodle space. Moodle is learning management software, available to help faculty and students organize the information, assignments and other aspects of their academic work.
~How to login to your SLC email address~
- Go to gmail.com
- In the username put your computer login in (which is the year you graduate, last name, first initial), then add @slchs.net to the end
- So it would look like this: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The password is GOSaints! (initial password)
~To change your password on gmail~
- Click on the wheel in the top right corner
- Click on settings
- Go to accounts
- The top bar is change account settings: click on google account settings
- On this new page click on security on the left hand side
- Click on change password
- Then it is smooth sailing from there
How to Install Printer Drivers Without a Disc
- Find the manufacturer and model number name of your printer (e.g. Epson NX550)
- Go to your printer manufacturer’s website and navigate to the support page
- After clicking on the support page, click on downloads or drivers
- Find the download for the model of printer that you need
- When asked for your operating system, select “Windows 7 (64 Bit)”
- Download the drivers and if prompted to run or save, click run
- Install the drivers and restart your computer if prompted
- After the drivers have installed, add a printer by clicking start>devices and printers>add a printer
- If you plan on using your printer via USB, plug it in and you are finished.